Tuesday, November 5, 2013

current project: makeshift bar cart

Happy Tuesday! So, my birthday gift from Jeremy arrived late last week and I love it! I really wanted a bar cart and I really wanted some type of cabinet to store our china. But, I did not want a curio for the china. I was very specific in the type of cabinet I wanted. Well, we found and ordered this Threshold cabinet from Target. Upon its arrival I immediately decided I could also turn it into a bar cart by utilizing the top space! I would still like to get a bar cart one of these days (when we have a bit more space), but for now this cabinet is a win win!

While it is still a work in progress I wanted to share with y'all how I have styled  the cabinet so far. Jeremy and I have received a lot of bar ware as shower and wedding gifts. Lots of Mignon Faget, Kate Spade, and Ralph Lauren cocktail glasses. I love them all and wanted to display them....they're all gorgeous! So, I chose a few from each set to place on top of the cabinet. We received the round, silver speak easy tray from Pottery Barn as a gift . I love the elegance of it.

Above the "cart" we hung up a print we both fell in love with when we saw it at Hattie Sparks a few weeks ago. The print is by the girls over at the Grove Street Press (who I have blogged about before). We love our city and Louisiana so this print is perfect for us! Below it we hung a piece of ceramic art of the Audubon Tea Room,which is where our wedding reception is being held. I would eventually like to get some more prints from Shannon Kirsten. She has some "whiskey" and "vodka" prints that I love!

While I am no where near done, I like what is happening so far! I will keep y'all updated as I go along!





Enjoy your day! xo. 

1 comment:

  1. Your little bar cart is darling! You did a great job styling it. I'd love to do something similar one day.

    Kristen R

    ReplyDelete