Monday, October 14, 2013

the weekend

Hi! How was y'alls weekends? Mine was super busy, but fun! I felt like Jeremy and I were go, go, go the entire time. Friday night our "plan" was to stay in, make nachos, rent a movie...ya know relax or something. Instead my sister and her boyfriend invited us to a last minute dinner at The Velvet Cactus. As if I could turn down Mexican at my favorite spot. Margaritas and queso with my favorite couple to double with is always a good time!

Saturday we took our beloved black pup Jack for a long walk around the neighborhood. We ran into a pumpkin patch...Jack and I were thrilled! As you can see in the photo below. We then did some typical Saturday errands (groceries, furniture shopping, etc.) and walked around uptown popping in and out of boutiques. Jeremy even bought me some goodies from Hattie Sparks...so you know I was a happy girl. Shannon Kirsten, ban.do, and The Grove Street Press...I love you all! We lunched/snacked at Dat Dog and caught some of the LSU vs. Florida game. Dat Dog has the best fries ever. End of story.

We celebrated my birthday Saturday night with happy hour cocktails at Oak Wine Bar, dinner at Peche (my new favorite restaurant), and a nightcap at Tommy's Wine Bar. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  If you don't believe me here are some iphone pics to prove it...enjoy!


{at the velvet cactus}


{jack and me and the pumpkin patch}



{ban.do mini pom pom (perfect for saints games), shannon kirsten print, the grove street press "congratulations" card and walker percy print}


{dat dog's colorful patio}


{oak's interior that i am obsessed with}


{cocktails!}


{peche}


{baked drum with crispy rice for him. grilled tuna with olive salad + greens for me. squash, bacon and rice casserole to share. it was amazing y'all. i can't wait to go back!}


{my handsome guy who i get to marry in just 40 days!} 

I will be back tomorrow with an outfit post! Happy Monday, y'all! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment